Ask a Fertility Specialist: Dr Norazlin Rosli from Sophea Fertility Malaysia

Ask a Doctor ForumCategory: Obstetrics & GynaecologyAsk a Fertility Specialist: Dr Norazlin Rosli from Sophea Fertility Malaysia
dr. Norazlin Rosli asked 3 years ago
I am Dr. Norazlin Rosli, the Medical Director and Fertility Specialist at Sophea Fertility, a fertility centre based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I obtained a diploma bachelor's degree from the University of Glasgow in 2000 and my degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists in the United Kingdom. I then sub-specialised in Fertility at the National University Hospital, Singapore. I have worked in several royal hospitals in the United Kingdom, Brunei and Malaysia before entering the private sector as a Fertility Expert. My special interest is in the field of low stimulation and low cost IVF stimulation. I also manage the clinic sessions at IVFKasih, a low-cost fertility clinic, as a social responsibility to help couples achieve their dreams of light. Learn more about Sophea Fertility here: Learn more about me here: I am excited to be here to share/discuss Fertility with everyone. Whether you've got questions about what the IVF process is like, how you can find out how fertile you are and plan ahead for pregnancy, or you want advice on your personal situation, ask me anything! === Want to ask a question? Submit your question at the bottom of this page. Don’t forget to include your name and email address to get notified when the doctor answers your question.
11 Answers
Farida Kamali answered 3 years ago
Doctor, I am currently 38 years old. I got married when I was 36. These 2 years, my husband and I have been trying to conceive, undergoing a pregnancy program but we still failed. Please give us suggestions on what we should do to have children?
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

A diagnosis of fertility problem is made when you have tried to conceive for 1 year without success. I suggest that you both consult a fertility doctor. Ultrasound should be carried out to ensure that the womb and ovaries are normal . And the egg reserve should be ascertain as the numbers go down as a woman ages . Sperm test should also be done to ascertain the quantity and quality.

Rosalina answered 3 years ago
Hello doctor. Is IVF safe for a woman with diabetes? Will there be any side effects to the fetus?  
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

It is very safe for ladies with diabetes to do IVF when her diabetes is very well controlled. The risks to the baby is reduced with good sugar control.

Vela Mariadi answered 3 years ago
I have been married for 7 years and yesterday I had a fertility check. It turns out I was diagnosed with Uterus Unicornuate no Cavity. Can I get pregnant with this uterus deformity?  
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

I would need for information to help you with this. A unicornuate uterus usually would have a cavity but usually only one side of fallopian tube. If there is no cavity , there will be no monthly menstrual flow.

Yuni answered 3 years ago
Doctor, I am a 39 year old female, and have been married for 12 years. But I still have yet to conceive. My husband and I have done fertility checks and there is no problem with us. I consume herbal medicines and calculate my fertile periods. I am almost 40, is there any chance for me to do IVF?
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

I feel after 12 years of trying without success, you should start fertility treatment already. Intrauterine insemination only helps with transport of womb into the womb. But sperms still need to and find the eggs to try and fertilize the eggs. Therefore, IVF would be a better options, as in this treatment, the sperm will be injected directly into the egg to assist fertilization. At 40, the chance of success with IVF is fairly good. But my advice is to not delay anymore, as the success rate just goes down with increase in age.

lisa answered 3 years ago
Doctor, I was on a pregnancy program 2 weeks ago and was given a high-dose fertility pill. After taking the medicine, a week later, I hurt my back. I came back to the place I was treated. I asked why my waist hurts, and the doctor said my egg was enlarged. Is it because of an enlarged egg that causes a backache? Also, will I immediately get pregnant after taking the fertility pills?  
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

Yes it can cause back ache for some people or your back ache might be because of something else altogether. The enlarged egg must be released through the process of ovulation, must enter the fallopian tube, must be fertilised by a sperm which would need good quantity and quality of sperms. Then the fertilised egg needs to grow and mature itself before implanting onto the womb wall. None of these process are guaranteed to happen.

So, no it is not possible to achieve pregnancy every time someones take a fertility piĺl.

ananda answered 3 years ago
Doctor, I have been married for 5 years but with no children. Before marriage, I had endometriosis. Is this the problem that makes it hard for me to conceive? What is the solution, Doc?
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

Yes, endometriosis may damage part of the fallopian tubes and interfere with the quality of the egg. So you will need to see a fertility doctor for treatment. Most importantly, endometriosis may reduce the stored eggs that cannot be replaced again. So you will need treatment to get pregnant.

Melia Artasari answered 3 years ago
Doctor, I am currently 2 months pregnant. But almost every week I have blood coming out of my vagina. Is this normal for this time of pregnancy?
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

Hi this is not normal. It is called threatened miscarriage. You need to see a doctor for assessment. You may also needs some hormonal support to strengthen the pregnancy.

Trianiastiti answered 3 years ago
Good afternoon, Doctor. I have been married for 4 years with no children. I checked with a doctor and it turns out I have pelvic inflammation. Would you give me some advice? Can I still conceive?
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

Pelvic inflammation can cause damage to your reproductive organs. The fallopian tubes may be damaged because of the inflammation. And if the fallopian tubes are damaged, the chance of getting pregnant naturally will be reduced. So I would advise for you to get this checked. If the tubes are damaged, you can plan for IVF sooner rather than later.

Nisha Sarwati answered 3 years ago
Doctor, I am 8 months pregnant. I have pain on my lower tummy and find fresh, red blood spots sometimes coming out of me. I saw an OBGYN and I was diagnosed with a cyst in my birth canal. I am worried. Is this dangerous? Can I give birth normally?
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

The suitability of normal delivery depends on the size and location of the cyst, the size and position of the baby. An obstetrictian can only make that decision and recommendation after examination of the expectant mother himself/herself.

Restu Ayu answered 3 years ago
I had my period on the first week of the month and had sex with my husband on the second week but he pulled out. Usually I would have my next period at the end of the month, but currently my period has not started. Does it mean I am pregnant or is there any reason why my period hasn't started?
dr. Norazlin Rosli replied 3 years ago

Hi, if your period cycle is 28 days, your fertile period would be around day 14 to 16. so if you count from the first day when your period started, and you did have intercourse around this time, there will be a chance of pregnancy. Ejaculating outside is not a good option to prevent pregnancy. If you are not keen to get pregnant at the moment, please use a more reliable method like contraceptive pills.

Dian Putra answered 3 years ago
Doctor, my wife is 2 months pregnant, but the test kit results showed a vague sign. Does it mean there is something different with her pregnancy?

Share this thread with a friend:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Your compare list