Founded in 1979, Thomson Medical Centre is a hospital in Singapore that specialises in obstetrics, gynaecology and paediatric medicine. The hospital is supported by specialist doctors and provides 24-hour medical services.
In 1988, Thomson Medical Centre became the first private hospital in Singapore to have in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) facilities. In the same year, Thomson Medical Centre successfully delivered triplets through IVF treatment.
More than 5,000 couples have used the IVF facilities at Thomson Medical Centre, and more than 900 babies have been delivered through IVF.
In 2008, Thomson Medical Centre Singapore kickstarted the Customer-Centric Initiative (CCI) initiated by the Standards, Productivity, and Innovation Board (SPRING), under the Singapore Ministry of Trade and Industry.
As a result, Thomson Medical Centre was ranked at the top of the CCI and achieved 93% patient satisfaction in 2009.
In 2013, Thomson Medical Centre began utilising Baby Tagging Solution technology – eliminating the risk of incorrect transfers of an infant to its mother.
According to a patient’s testimonial in The Strait Times, Singapore’s leading news outlet, Thomson Medical Centre’s medical personnel are “cheerful, responsive and caring”.
Services & Facilities at Thomson Medical Centre Singapore
Capacity of Thomson Medical Centre Singapore:
- 190 inpatient beds
Thomson Medical Centre Singapore offers the following medical facilities and services:
- Children’s Health
- 24-hr Family Clinic
- Plastic Surgery
- Women Cancer
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Flower Shop
- Office branches of Aviva, Cordlife, OCBC CDA and POSB CDA.
Medical Specialties at Thomson Medical Center Singapore
Thomson Medical Centre Singapore provides the following medical specialties:
- Breast Care & Surgery
- General and Colorectal Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Sports Medicine
- Healthy Ageing Programme
Operating Hours at Thomson Medical Centre Singapore
Doctors’ practice schedules are varied. Contact Smarter Health, the official representative of Thomson Medical Centre Singapore, to check on your preferred doctor’s schedule and book an appointment.
Room Rates at Thomson Medical Centre Singapore
- Inpatient room rate for 4-bedded room: S$223.63 per night.
- Inpatient room rate for 2-bedded room: S$308.16 per night.
- Inpatient room rate in the most luxurious room, Thomson Family Suite : S$1,955.96.
Every room is equipped with air conditioning, free WiFi, telephone, newspapers, emergency button, and cable TV.
Payments can be settled through credit card, cash, or insurance claims.
All prices above are subject to change without prior notice.
Medical Check Up Costs at Thomson Medical Centre Singapore
The medical check up costs may vary, depending on the patient’s condition and family history. Contact Smarter Health for detailed information regarding medical check up costs at Thomson Medical Centre Singapore.
Thomson Medical Center Singapore's Address
Thomson Medical Center is located at 339 Thomson Rd, Singapore 307677.
Patients’ Guide to Thomson Medical Center Singapore
- Contact us to confirm your preferred doctor’s schedule, or find a doctor within your budget
- Make sure your passport is still valid for 6 months, before deciding to receive medical treatment at Thomson Medical Centre Singapore
- Bring an insurance card and letter of guarantee as confirmation that your treatment is covered by your insurance company
- Request and bring the most recent medical records.
- Bring essentials such as pyjamas, sandals, dental kit, as well as your regularly-consumed medicines/vitamins if you are undergoing inpatient care.
Recommended Hotels Near Thomson Medical Centre Singapore
Hotel recommendations that are located close to Thomson Medical Centre Singapore:
- Value Hotel Thomson, within a 5-minute walking distance from the hospital.
- Ibis Singapore Novena, within a 5-minute driving distance from the hospital.
- Ramada by Wyndham Singapore at Zhongshan Park, within a 10-minute driving distance from the hospital.